Monday, December 12, 2011

Internet Safety Doing

I talked to my mom about internet safety. She is in her 40's and still has 4 kids at home, the youngest being 10. Therefore a lot of the stuff that I learned applies to her and my youngest brother because he is at the age where he is using the internet but doesn't know how to safely use it.

I shared the information that I learned about putting the least amount of personal information on the internet as possible. She was very surprised at how much can be learned about a person with so few details given about their life. I told her about all the safety tips that I read about especially concerning Facebook because this is probably the website that is most frequented in our house. She was very excited and said that she was going to implement some of the safety features of Facebook that she didn't even know existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment