Monday, November 7, 2011

First Personal Technology Project

For this project, I decided to learn about the website polls everywhere. I had a lot of fun learning how to use this website. I find that this will be most helpful in my classroom especially in this day and age.

What instructional problems can I use this technology for?

There are a lot of times when a teacher needs to know how their students are keeping up in their class. This technology would enable me to be in class and give a quick assessment of how my students are keeping up with the material and how much they are understanding. This will also let me be able to see if there are any subjects where my students are struggling and how I will be able to help them out.

Why this would be useful?

In this day and age, almost everyone has a cell phone and carries it around with them. What I like most about this website is that it takes a distraction and makes it useful in a classroom. We all know that students have their cell phones on them in the classroom. This way, I can use this to my advantage and find out how my students are keeping up in the class. This will enable me to ask questions to my students and get immediate results as to how they are doing in my class and what subjects I need to spend more time on.

What potential problems are there?

The potential problem with this technology is if someone doesn't have a cell phone or access to the internet. Although due to today's technological advancements, there is always a way for someone to get access to the internet. Whether it is by going to the library or by finding a friend with a computer. Another problem is that cell phones may become a major distraction if I allow them to be brought into my classroom. Thus I would have to have rules about cell phone use and strict consequences in order to keep a positive learning atmosphere in my classroom.

Here is where I put the power point presentation on my website...


There are also polls located in the online quizzes section of my class website.

No comments:

Post a Comment